Special passenger categories
Families with children
Children that are at least 7 days old and up to 2 years of age travel on their own ticket and do not occupy a separate seat, but seat on adult’s lap. They travel free of charge on domestic flights and at the 10% of the adult fare on international flights.They have to be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age (16 if within same family). Infants have to be pre-notified since their number is limited according to the aircraft type.
It is possible to book a regular passenger seat for infant at the applicable child fare. Baby car seats approved for air travel have to be used.
One adult can travel with maximum 2 infants, one of them being 6 months or older. Second infant occupies a separate seat and is seated in approved car type seat.
From 2 to 12 years of age children accompanied by an adult travel on their own ticket and the they occupy a regular passenger seat. They travel at child rates, at a maximum of 50% discount on the applicable adult fare. Number of accompanied children is not limited.
Passengers traveling with young children or many children may be pre-embarked.
Pre-reservation of seats so family members can sit together is possible – please contact our nearest office or the Contact Centre (+385 1 66 76 555) or at email@example.com .
You can select seats and print your boarding passes yourself – no earlier than 23 hours and no later than 60 minutes before flight departure.
Children up to 4 years of age, are entitled to one collapsible baby stroller free of charge. It can be checked at the gate or at the aircraft depending on the airport – please check the procedure with check-in staff.
Unaccompanied minors and young passengers
Boarding and the flight
After the flight
- Unaccompanied minors – on special request of the parents or appointed guardians
- Regular adult passengers – In such cases it is necessary to check the conditions defined by the law of the country they are travelling to.
Please notify us of your requirements:
- When booking by telephone or in our ticketing offices, please tell our agents which kind of assistance you require.
- When booking on Croatia Airlines website, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case you did not require this service at booking you can always notify our Conatact Center at email@example.com or +385 1 66 76 555.
Passengers with reduced mobility
If you need us to provide a wheelchair for your travel, please let us know the extent to which your mobility is reduced. This service is free and available for permanently disabled passengers, elderly passengers, passengers with simple fracture (hand, foot).
If you are travelling with your own wheelchair, please notify us of its size and weight, any special features (e.g. folding/non-folding, sport/electric) and the type of battery (if battery-powered). In case the wheelchair is battery-powered, it has to be securely attached to the wheelchair and protected from short circuit by insulating the terminals (e.g. by taping over exposed terminals or putting plastic caps). Additionally, “wet” batteries need to be disconnected and secured.
Passengers with impaired hearing or vision
An assistance service for hearing impaired and blind or partially sighted passengers is provided free of charge. Please notify us of your disability and whether you are accompanied by a guide dog at time of booking so we can pass on the relevant information to our ground staff and cabin crew.. You do not require a doctor’s certificate.
Passengers who need medical clearance
Medical clearance is mandatory for passengers:
- suffering from acute medical conditions, (e.g. recent heart infarct, stroke)
- with serious fractures and with arms and/or legs in casts or splints
- with recent surgery
- in the first few weeks after a serious disease has appeared
- being transported on board in a lying position (strecher passengers)
- who require additional oxygen or other medical devices on board
- travelling in order to undergo medical treatment
- expectant mothers after 36th week of pregnancy
Please deliver (or fax) the form to „Poliklinika Zagreb“ in Zagreb, Park prijateljstva 1, tel. +385 1 3832 353, fax. +385 1 3832 040 for approval and verification. Filled in and verified, the form must be submitted when purchasing the ticket and one copy shall be attached to the passenger ticket because it must be submitted again during check in.
Passengers who need to be accompanied
- They are not able to follow safety instructions of the cabin crew members.
- They are not able to participate in their own evacuation.
- They need help when eating or using the toilet.
Holders of a valid FREMEC
“FREMEC” is a frequent traveler’s medical card. The holder of a valid FRAMEC is a non-MEDA case and needs no medical clearance or escort for travel. It is used for passenger with permanent or chronic reduced mobility. This medical card can be issued by some carriers. Croatia Airlines does not issue a FREMEC, but a FREMEC card is acceptable on Croatia Airlines flights.
Oxygen on board
Only company bottles may be used on board and passengers, request needs to made in the passenger’s reservation no later than 72 hours before the flight. This service is charged 60 € per flight.
Escort is obligatory, the person accompanying the passenger has to be trained to handle the oxygen bottle and he/she has to sign “Statement on the Transport of Patient Needing Medical Oxygenation During the Flight”. Also, the form “Incapacitated passenger advice form” has to be completed by the passenger’s physician and sent to „Poliklinika Zagreb“ in Zagreb, Park prijateljstva 1, tel. +385 1 3832 353, fax. +385 1 3832 040 for approval and verification.
Portable Oxygen Concentrator
The use of portable oxygen concentrators (POC) is allowed and requires a medical and technical clearance from Croatia Airlines. Your physician has to verify your medical needs to use this device on board. The POC equipment must be FAA approved. For latest information please check here.
Exception: On code-share flights with United Airlines to/from US the only requirement is to have a Medical Verification Statement signed by the passenger’s physician.
- travel free of charge
- are accepted for transport in the passenger cabin, on a leash
Reservations have to be made in advance.
Emotional support dogs (untrained dogs on which a passenger is depending for emotional stability):
- are accepted for transport only on connecting flights to/from USA
- can travel in the passenger cabin, but need to be on a leash and have a muzzle
Passengers travelling with an emotional support dog must hold appropriate documentation from a licensed mental health professional.
For additional information, please contact one of Croatia Airlines sales offices.
– ESAN should travel with a muzzle
– must not occupy a seat
– is not allowed to move around in the cabin
– needs not to be caged
A guide dog that accompanies deaf, blind or passenger with paraplegia, is accepted free of charge. It’s weight and size is not restricted. The dog has to be properly harnessed, but not muzzled or caged. It does not occupy a seat, and it is not allowed to move around the cabin.
When not to travel
Animals in the passenger cabin
IMPORTANT: It is not possible to book this service on our website. Please contact one of our sales offices.
It is allowed to accept only two animals, two dogs or two cats, on the same flight, but one dog and one cat cannot be accepted.
Animals have to be transported in a proper transporter soft bag.
- The size of the transporter bag is limited and the dimensions must not exceed 55x40x20 cm (max sum of dimensions is 115 cm).
Special remark: The maximum dimensions of the bag transported in Air Nostrum aircraft leased by Croatia Airlines are 45x35x25 cm.
- The size of the transporter bag is limited and its dimensions cannot exceed 115 cm.
- The bottom of the bag has to be water-resistant.
- The maximum weight of the bag with the pet is 8 kg.
- The bag with the pet must be stowed on the floor under the seat in front of the passenger for the whole duration of the flight.
Only one pet transporter bag is allowed per passenger.
Animals in the baggage compartment
Animals that cannot be transported in the passenger cabin due to their size, are to be transported in the baggage compartment if certain conditions are met .
When booking, you need to specify the weight of the animal as well as the dimensions of the kennel, which must be in accordance with IATA (International Air Transport Association) Live Animal Regulations standard on the container transport. Find out more.
|Requirements for the kennel:
Croatia Airlines reserves the right to check
- the animal´s behaviour at the time of acceptance
- that the container meets the requirements to ensure a safe transport throughout the whole journey.
One container can hold up to:
- 3 puppies or kittens from the same litter, in an adequate transport container weighing max. 8kg each
- a maximum of 2 adult animals up to 14kg each, that are used to each other in an adequate transport container
All other types of animals are transported as cargo.
Animals are not included in the free baggage allowance and their transportation is charged depending on the size of the container (categories: medium and large) and the type of flight.
Transportation of animals in the baggage compartment, in container size up to 125x75x85 cm is possible only in the Airbus A-319 and Airbus A-320.
IMPORTANT NOTICE! Croatia Airlines does not transport animals on flights from Croatia to the UK.
Requests, comments and compliments
If you have positive or negative feedback, or any suggestions or requests that you would like to send us, please click here.
- For any questions related to travelling conditions, booking new airplane tickets or making changes in existing ones, please call our Contact Centre at + 385 1 6676 555 (for international calls) or 072 500 505 (for calls within Croatia), or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need information related to online bookings, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.