Travelling without Barriers
Assistance to passengers with reduced mobility is provided free of charge.
If you are not certain whether your health will permit you to travel by air consult your travel plans with your physician.
If you require special assistance at the airport, during check-in and flight, inform us at the time of making the reservation at least 48 hours before travel.
To make your reservation, please, contact our sales office or send us your telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will call you back as soon as possible.
- Acceptance of passengers with reduced mobility for air carriage may be limited with regard to their safety as well as safety of the other passengers.
- In exceptional cases Czech Airlines may refuse the carriage of such passenger or/and his/her medical equipment due to safety reasons (provided type of aircraft, its entry/exit door, technical equipment or narrow space aboard does not allow sufficiently safe transportation).
- Czech Airlines may also require a passenger with reduced mobility to be accompanied by another person due to safety requirements of emergency procedures.
- Maximum number of immobile passengers aboard without escort:
ATR/A319 aircraft 1
A320/330 aircraft 2
- Maximum number of immobile passengers aboard without escort:
Escort means a person able to provide the necessary assistance to the immobile passenger moving on board (e.g., between the seat and lavatory, aircraft door or emergency exit).
At the airport
- Within the European Union, assistance services are provided for all passengers with reduced mobility by local airport company regardless of air carrier.
- An airport wheelchair is available upon your arrival at the airport, during check-in and on the way to/from the aircraft.
- Outside the European Union, assistance services are provided by Czech Airlines’ ground handling agent with respect to the technical equipment and conditions of the airport.
- Passengers with reduced mobility may carry up to 2 pieces of orthopaedic aids (including wheelchair) as checked baggage free of charge in addition to the free baggage allowance shown on the ticket.
- Guide dog accompanying blind or else disabled passenger is carried free of charge in passenger’s cabin. The dog must wear a harness and leash, must have training certificate and other required travel documents.
Aboard an aircraft
- A collapsible wheelchair to move a passenger with reduced mobility during the flight is available aboard A330, A320 and A319 aircraft types only.
- Due to lack of space aboard an aircraft a seat next to the passenger, who is dependent on accompanying dog, is to be blocked free of charge in order to transport dog on the floor.
If you have any questions please contact our sales office or Call centre at +420 239 007 007.
Children Travelling Alone
Unaccompanied Minor Service Information:
- The Unaccompanied Minor service is provided on flights operated by Czech Airlines only for children from 5 to 11 years of age. Children under 5 years of age are not allowed to travel alone. If requested by the parents, children from 12 to 17 years of age can also travel as unaccompanied minors.
- Please request the Unaccompanied Minor service when booking the ticket via our Sales Points or our Call Centre no later than 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- Before the ticket is issued, a special Unaccompanied Minor form must be filled in.
- A fee of EUR 60* per each leg of travel to/from European destinations and EUR 75* per each leg of travel to/from other destinations is charged for the service in addition to the regular fare. In-flight refreshments, such as children’s meals and hot and cold beverages as per the child’s request, are included in the fee.
- The child must have his/her own travel documents: a valid passport, visa and health certificate if required for the particular country.
- At check-in, the child will receive a special Unaccompanied Minor (UM) card, stating the flight number, full name, age and language of communication of the child, which will be placed in a case with a string to go around the child’s neck. The card needs to be kept visible for the entire duration of travels.
- The child and his/her baggage will be in the care of the ground staff member during the child’s stay at the airport and then accompanied to the aircraft.
- Cabin crew will assume responsibility for the child once on board of the aircraft.
- After arrival, a member of the ground staff will meet the child at the aircraft door/stairs and help him/her to pick up their luggage. After that, the child will be accompanied to the customs area exit and hand over to a previously appointed person – most commonly a family member.
- The ground staff member will verify the identity of the person picking up the child based on a valid photo ID and request that the person signs a special form.
* or the local currency equivalent
|Oxygen on Board||Price|
|1 bottle*||EUR 80|
* The capacity is from 2 to 2.5 flight hours at a consumption of 2 liters per minute. Oxygen must be booked at a minimum of 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your flight and is provided on flights operated by an ATR 42and A319 aircraft type only.
Travelling with Animals
We know what your pet’s comfort and safety mean to you. We have prepared useful information for you about the conditions governing their carriage on Czech Airlines flights.
Live animals can only be transported to countries where the regulations of the country permit, and subject to the terms and conditions specified by that country. Detailed information of travelling with animals can be found on the Czech State Veterinary Administration website.
If you wish to carry an animal, you always need to make a booking (prior to purchasing the ticket) at our sales points or through our Call Centre. We are entitled to request a veterinary service approval of the carriage (including crate for animal) if the animal is in poor health or due to a threatening infection at the country of origin.
Animals can travel on board of Czech Airlines flights:
- With you in the cabin (as cabin baggage)
- In the hold, as checked baggage
- In the hold, as cargo
Transport of animals in the passenger cabin
Dogs or cats are allowed to travel in the cabin with you subject to the following conditions:
- The animal must be transported in a crate with a firm and impermeable bottom and must be placed on the floor under the seat in front of you
- The crate must not exceed the length of 43 cm, the width of 30 cm and the height of 27 cm and the weight of the crate with animal must not exceed 8 kg
- Only three small crates with animals can be transported in the passenger cabin (two in Economy Class and one in Business Class, but no more than 1 crate per passenger)
- Charge of EUR 60 / CZK 1620 is collected for the carriage of your animal
An exception applies to assistance dogs for passengers who are dependent on accompanying dog. These assistance dogs are carried in the cabin without a crate and free of charge.
Transport of animals in the baggage compartment
A dog, cat, or a ferret can be transported in the baggage compartment of an aircraft subject to the following conditions:
- Your animal must be transported in a sufficiently large and firm crate with a impermeable bottom and openings for breathing
- The crate must not exceed the length of 125 cm, the width of 69 cm and the height of 80 cm)
- Please arrive at the check-in counter at least 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure
- Your name, address, and telephone number must be marked on the crate
- Charge will be collected depending on the weight of the crate with your animal
|up to 23kg||60 EUR / 1620 CZK|
|from 23 to 32 kg||120 EUR / 3240 CZK|
|from 32 to 50 kg||180 EUR / 4680 CZK|
|over 50kg||240 EUR / 6480 CZK|
Carriage of Animals in the Cargo Hold
Live animals can also be transported in the cargo hold of the aircraft as cargo shipment. For more details please contact sales agency.
- Booking tickets
- Conditions of Carriage
- Parking at Vaclav Havel airport Prague
Call Centre +420 239 007 007
Departures and arrivals +420 239 007 576
Help with online booking +420 239 007 570
Help with online check-in +420 239 007 127
Fax +420 239 007 620