Children aged 5 up 11 years and children between 12 and 16 years old may travel on their own under our supervision.
We offer ‘Unaccompanied Minors’ service.
Parents’ or guardian’s responsibilities:
Make the flight reservations;
Advise the following information:
- Escort on departure
- Escort on arrival
- Passport Data
- Arrange for the necessary travel documents – ticket,passport,parents’ or guardian’s notary approved permission ( consent ) for air company;
- Arrange for an authorized adult on departure to stay at the airport until the flight is airborne;
- Arrange for an authorized adult upon arrival to be at the airport at the actual time of arrival;
- Sign the ‘handling advice’ form;
- Pay all costs involved in return transportation (meals, accommodation, ground transport, return fare, etc.) in case the authorized adult fails to meet the UM upon arrival.
- The UM becomes the airline’s full responsibility from the moment he/she is handed over by the parents, guardian or authorized adult upon departure, or by the delivering carrier at the transfer station.
- Until UMNR is handed to the parents, guardian or authorized adult upon arrival, or over to the receiving carrier at the transfer station.
Travelling with pets
Georgian Airways accepts for the transportation domestic animals dogs and cats both in the passenger cabin and in the hold of the aircraft.
Please make sure that you have all the necessary documents for the transportation.
Please observe the governmental regulations concerning the import and export of the respective countries.
Please notify at the time of booking that you are traveling with your pet.
Georgian Airways accepts dogs and cats under the following conditions:
- puppies and kittens – minimum age of 4 months;
- must be healthy;
- must be kept in a leak- proof kennel during the whole flight (except guide dogs);
We do not accept pregnant animals!
Pets in the passenger cabin
Total weight of the animal and the container must not exceed 6kg/18lbs, the dimensions 55x35x20. We do not provide containers, please bring your own.
Animals in the aircraft hold
Animals exceeding 6kg/18lbs can be accepted in the aircraft hold only.
Please notify at the time of booking the combined weight and the dimensions of the kennel.
The animal shall only be carried in a kennel which meets the specifications of IATA (International Air Transport Association).
The requirements of the container:
- rigid plastic kennel with a metal door suitable for travel by air;
- clean, leak and escape proof;
- ventilated on three sides;
- must have enough space to allow the animal to stand up, move and lie down in a natural manner;
- must have absorbent material on the floor;
Copies of valid health documents in English must be attached to the kennel in an envelope.
Georgian Airways may refuse transportation if the above requirements are not met.
Charges for the transportation of animals in the passenger cabin and the aircraft hold
Transportation of animals is not included in the free baggage allowance.
Normal excess baggage charges apply for the combined weight.
A service animal is a guide dog that accompanies a passenger with reduced mobility. The animal must be pre-notified.
The passenger must hold a certificate that proves the status ‘service animal’
Those animals are accepted free of charge.
For expectant mothers
“Georgian Airways” accepts expectant mothers in normal health, up to 30 weeks of the pregnancy (i.e. until 4 weeks before expected delivery);
We recommend to contact your doctor, and obtain medical certificate before making reservation.
For passengers with reduced mobility
The passengers whose physical or medical condition requires individual attention and/or assistance,(during the embarkation and disembarkation, during the flight and during ground handling at airports), which is not normally extended to other passengers.
Acceptance of Passengers with Reduced Mobility depends upon the following factors:
- Condition of the passenger;
- Limitation per aircraft;
- The necessity of special equipment;
- Special attendance on board required;
- Onward interline transportation involved.
To have sufficient time for proper arrangements and inform the departments involved, the booking request must be made 72 hours before departure.
In addition to the regular carry-on baggage allowance, a PRM may take a wheelchair, crutches, braces or other mobility aid device free of charge.
No medical clearance or special forms are required for those passengers who only need special assistance in the airport and/or for embarkation/disembarkation.
Passengers being deaf or blind;
Passengers who do not need special assistance during flight, provided the need for a wheelchair is not a result of a medical condition (e.g. need for wheelchair because of old age, comfort, etc.),
Passengers provided the need of a wheelchair is not result of a medical condition, which would qualify the passenger as a MEDA case.