At Olympic Air we aim to provide you with safety and comfort via high quality services and solutions throughout the entire duration of your flight; Your needs are our priority in all our services and activities.
Olympic Air provides all the necessary services to ensure that passengers with special needs can enjoy a comfortable flight and board the aircraft with absolute security.
Passengers with special needs can transport 2 items of mobile equipment at no extra cost. Please keep in mind that mobile equipment used for sports can also be transported free of charge as long as it is included within the above two item allowance. (two pieces in total)
If requested during the reservation process, special assistance is available for senior passengers at check-in and during the boarding process.
In case you want or need to travel after surgery, a certificate from your doctor specifically saying that you can travel is necessary.
If you require assistance at the airport due to a disability or any other medical condition, please contact our reservations department, which is available 24 hours a day at 8018010101 (calls from local landline) or at +30 2103550500 (calls from mobiles and international calls)
If you are traveling to / from Spain and need help due to disability or other medical condition, please contact our reservations department, which is available 24 hours a day at 8018010101 (calls from local landline) or at +30 2103550500 (calls from mobiles and international calls)
If you are traveling from Amsterdam airport and you require assistance at the airport, you need to request the service from the airport at least 60 minutes before your flight once the check – in procedure has been completed. Please note that the assistance service cannot be guaranteed if you are not at the service desk prior to the above time constraint.
In order to ensure that all the appropriate assistance arrangements have been made, please submit your request upon booking your ticket or no later than 48 hours prior to your departure.
In flight Oxygen supply
In order to ensure oxygen provisions during the flight, your attending physician must complete all necessary forms and provide details regarding your health and confirming that you can travel. In addition, the oxygen bottle should be suitable for use on an aircraft (airplane type) and must also be accompanied by the corresponding documentation, which will certify its suitability for use during the flight. For detailed instructions on how to apply and ensure this process, please contact the Company’s Reservation department: Tel. 801 8010101 from landline or 210 3550500 from mobile.
You are able to travel on any Olympic Air flight until the end of the 36th week of pregnancy. After the 36th week of pregnancy you will not be able to board any Olympic Air flight.
Carriage with stretcher
Carriage of a passenger on a stretcher is provided on domestic flights made only by Olympic Air. If you require this service, you must inform us at least 24 hours prior to your flight. For more information, please contact the Reservation Department: Tel. 801 801 0101 from a landline or 210 3550 500 from a mobile phone or International calls.
Children under the age of 5 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on all Olympic Air flights. The parent or guardian must be over the age of 18, and must supervise and be responsibile for the child throughout the duration of the flight. It is the guardian’s responsibility to carry the child’s necessary identification documents, as well as any other documents required at the destination (e.g. visa/passport). It is implied that the child and the escort will be travelling together on the same flight and the same class.
In the case where a child between the ages of 2 to 12 years has to travel without a parent or guardian, Olympic Air offers the following service:
The unaccompanied minors service (UMNR) is offered to unaccompanied children between the ages of 5 to 12 years*. The service provides for an Olympic Air ground employee undertaking responsibility for the child from the parent or guardian and escorting him/her from the check-in counter to the entrance of the aircraft, where the child will then be under the responsibility of the cabin crew for the entire duration of the flight. Upon arrival at the destination the child is again received by a ground crew member, and escorted to the person that has been pre-appointed by the parent or guardian for pick-up.
All necessary information including the name, address and phone number of the person that will drop off the child at the departure airport, as well as, of the person that will meet and pick-up the child from the destination airport must be provided to Olympic Air. An identification card must also be shown both for the drop off and pick up of the child.
To apply for the Unaccompanied Minors Service (UMNR) please contact the Reservations Department at least 5 days prior to travel. Optionally a dedicated escort for the entire duration of the flight may be assigned to children between the ages of 5 to 12 years under the request of the parent or guardian.
- Rates apply per direction for Aegean Airlines/Olympic Air flights and for Aegean Airlines/Olympic Air with LH group (Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Swiss).
- Only one child will be charged when two or more siblings are travelling together on Aegean Airlines/Olympic Air flights.
Declaration of Parent or Guardian Form
The “Declaration of Parent or Guardian” form must be completed prior to handing over the unaccompanied minor into our care at the airport of departure. This form contains personal information about the unaccompanied child, as well as, the travel details and information of parents or guardians who are handing over and picking up the minor. When arranging your arrival time at the airport of departure, please plan ahead and allow time for filling out the “Declaration of Parent or Guardian” form.
You can always save time at the airport by downloading the form here and filling it out in the comfort of your home. If you cannot print it out, the form can be filled out at the airport of departure.
Infants (up to 2 years)
Our young friends are welcome to travel on Olympic Air flights with their parent or guardian from the very first days of their life, as long as they fulfill the conditions below to properly ensure their safety:
- The guardian must carry the infant’s necessary identification documents, as well as any other documents required at the destination (e.g. visa/passport). Infants younger than seven (7) completed days from the date of birth, shall not be accepted for travel on domestic or international flights.
- In the case that the infant does not fulfill the above, prior Medical clearance must be given and the MEDIF procedure shall be followed.
- Parents of premature infants need to provide certification from an obstetrician that the infant is in good health to travel.
- In case a parent or guardian (above 18 years old) wishes to travel with two infants (from 8 days to 2 years old), Olympic Air requires the booking of an Exclusive Escort. The charge of the Escort Service depends on the itinerary.
- Infants can only travel on the lap of their parent or guardian. It is permitted to carry formula and/or breast milk in your hand luggage until 6kgs.
However, there is the possibility that you will be inspected at the checkpoints. Car safety seats or baby trolleys can be transported as checked luggage without an extra charge.
- Each infant is entitled to one piece of baggage weighing up to 23 kg.
For more information regarding baggage specifications for infants please contact the Call center +302106261000
If you are an expectant mother with a complication-free pregnancy you can travel normally on Olympic Air flights. For your safety and that of your infant, you will not be allowed to carry an infant on your lap during the flight.
Also please note that there are certain circumstances where Olympic Air may require Medical Clearance for your travel.
- Up until the 36th week of a single pregnancy, provided that the pregnancy is complication free, medical approval is not required; however it is always best to consult your obstetrician prior to making any travel plans.
- After the 36th week of a single pregnancy a medical form must be completed by your obstetrician and the transportation must be approved by Olympic Air’s doctor. The medical form that must be completed can be downloaded in English or Greek by clicking the link to the right and it must be issued no later than 72 hours prior to the flight in order to ensure proper approval.
- In the case of a multiple pregnancy (e.g. twins) a medical form is mandatory, irrespective of the week of the pregnancy.
- Air travel is not recommended for women within the last seven (7) days prior to the time of delivery and within the first seven (7) days after the delivery.
Information sheet for passengers requiring special assistance
If you plan to travel with a pet, please consult the reservation department and inform them of your plans. In case you book from our website you should follow the same procedure.
Pet transfer in the cabin of the aircraft.
Traveling with a pet (cat, dog or ferret) in the aircraft cabin, is allowed only via a special containers/cages. Each passenger is allowed to transport a single pet (cat, dog or ferret) within the cabin of an aircraft, while the pet is in a container/cage which is the responsibility of the passenger. If you wish to travel with more than one pet, then it is a prerequisite for pets to be familiar with each other.
At domestic airports you can buy special pet boxes (see above) if you do not have your own. The box must not exceed 8 pounds. It is transported only as cabin baggage and is placed under your seat.
If you have your own box/cage the dimensions must be up to 55 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm wide or 40 cm x 25 cm x 25 cm wide for aircraft type DH8-100 and DH8-400 to fit comfortably under your seat.
The maximum permissible weight limit for a pet along with the special case is 8 kilos. The pet’s health book must be inspected at check-in and the pet is required to have the special micro chip to travel. Please note that for all International flights, the pet passport along with an ID microchip are mandatory.
Your pet must have a valid Anti-Rabies vaccination on the date of travel. The Anti-Rabies vaccination must be repeated every year. If your pet had its first Anti-rabies vaccination, it should not travel, unless 21 days have passed from the vaccination administration date. The same restriction of 21 days applies in the event that the vaccination was administered after it had expired.
Please note that a vaccination is considered valid only if it was administered after microchip or tattoo. Essentially the pet must be a minimum of 105 days old in order to be accepted for transportation.
If you wish to transfer your pet you must contact the Reservations Department at least 48 hours prior to departure, in order to register the pet and (if possible) to confirm its carriage, as the number of pets allowed on each flight is limited.
Pet transportation to the luggage storage
If your pet weighs more than 8 kilos, then the transfer must be arranged via luggage storage of the aircraft. The appropriate detention procedure should be followed. Pets can only be transported to the aircraft luggage storage on Airbus 319, 320 & 321 aircraft, placed in special cages that are the passenger’s responsibility to purchase.
Container Requirements for transporting animals in cargo holds
- Trained guide dogs (escorts of visually impaired and hearing impaired passengers) travel free of charge. This information must be noted when booking the ticket.
- Click here for more detailed restrictions on pet transport regulations
- Pets (dogs, cats ferrets) travelling to the United kingdom can be only be sent as cargo and to Heathrow airport. For more information on this please click here.
- For the transportation of unaccompanied pets or for more information regarding the transportation of other animals please contact our Cargo department
Tel.: +30 210 3543700, +30 210 3543 095/ 096
Fax: +30 210 3543198
Ε-mail Supervisor: email@example.com