Special assistance must be requested at reservation of ticket. Wheel chair service is FREE of charge and your personal wheelchair is included on top of your regular baggage allowance. Always inform your travel agent or InselAir Customer Service Department* at the time of reservation that you will require wheel chair service.
InselAir offers different categories of wheelchair services. If passenger can walk short distances the passenger will receive the WCHR service. If passenger can walk short distances but cannot negotiate stairs, the passenger will receive the WCHS service. If passenger cannot walk and must be lifted into the aircraft and into their seat, the passenger will receive the WCHC service. Passenger MUST fill in the Medical Information form when requesting this service. When traveling with your own wheel chair, your Wheelchair will be tagged at check-in and taken at the door of the aircraft when boarding and loaded to your destination. If carry on / Carry of service is wanted; this must be requested at reservation and the Medical Information Form must be filled in.
Traveling with children
Age of unaccompanied minors (UM)
Venezuela: unaccompanied Minors (UM) age = 6 – 17 years.
All other stations, Unaccompanied Minors (UM) age = 6 – 11 years.
Young Passenger (YP) age = 12 -17 years (all stations)
For Unaccompanied Minors the authorization letter and UM form needs to be completely filled out and handed over at time of reservation (download form here ). Authorization letter with photocopy of passport or ID of the parent/guardian must be handed over at the check-in counter together with the authorization letter . The authorization letter and UM form duly completed to be presented to immigration.
Traveling with animals
Traveling with pets to a US destination?
As of now traveling with pets is possible to and from our US destination(s).
Traveling with pets to St. Maarten?
- Please review additional information here.
- For more information please contact.
- The Ministery of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Traffic and Telecommunication.
- Tamarinde Steeg#16C, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten. +54 24511/19
For all animals the following applies
To find out which animals are allowed and/or prohibited, which documents are required and which rules apply to transporting your pet, we recommend consulting the embassies of the country of departure and the country of destination. Respectively, Inselair shall not be liable for any expenses arising from an animal that is denied carriage. InselAir assumes no responsibility for animals denied entry, quarantined, or euthanized due to denial of entry by government officials. Notification of animal transport must be made and accepted by InselAir’s Customer Service Department* at the time of reservation. Final acceptance of the animal is to the sole discretion of the check-in personnel, crew and ultimately the Captain of the aircraft whose judgment is final. Entry of animals, including service animals into any country is the full responsibility of the passenger. Animals cannot be transported on the EMB-110 aircraft. We advise you to book your flight and plan the transportation of animals ahead of time since space on aircraft is limited. It is not allowed to import pets from South America in to Aruba, Bonaire, Sint Maarten and Curacao. Insel Air is not liable for any extra cost arising from pet being denied entry.
Transportation of animals in belly
All animals except for special service animals are required to be kept in a approved kennel that provides for the animal’s well being and safety and security of the other passengers and ground personnel.
Allowed measurements kennels/crates
- Small (A) kennel/crate (IATA type 0 ): L 50.8 cm x W 30.5 cm x H 30.5 cm (only on Fokker 50, Fokker 70 and MD aircraft)
- Medium (B) kennel/crate (IATA type 200): L 71.1 cm x W 52.1 cm x H 54.6 cm (only on Fokker 50, Fokker 70 and MD aircraft)
- Intermediate (C) kennel/crate (IATA type 300): L 71.7 cm x W 53.3 cm x H 55.9 cm (only on Fokker 50, Fokker 70 and MD aircraft)
- Large (D) kennel/crate (IATA type 400): L 91.4 cm x W 63.5 cm x H 68.6 cm (only on Fokker 70 and MD aircraft)
- Extra-large (E) kennel/crate (IATA type 500): L 101.6 cm x W 71.1 cm x H 76.2 cm (only on MD aircraft)
Transportation of animals in cabin
Kennel/crate must fit completely underneath the seat in front of the passenger’s assigned seat to the satisfaction of the cabin crew whose judgment is final.
Special service animals
Special service animals are accepted as long as all of the following conditions are met:
- Notification of the service animal must be made to InselAir at the time of reservation or 72 hours before scheduled departure.
- The passenger provides, upon request, a certified medical statement outlining the medical requirements for the service animal
InselAir Customer Service Department
- Call center Curaçao (Mon – Sun 8AM – 8PM) (+599) 9 737 0444
- Call center Aruba (Mon – Fri 8.30AM – 5.30PM) (+297) 582 1200
- Call center USA (Mon – Sun 8AM – 8PM) (+1) 855 493 6004
- Contact Center Venezuela (Mon – Fri 7AM – 8PM/Sat – Sun 8AM – 8PM ) +58 212 720 4787