INFANT CAR SEAT
It is possible to use your own infant car seat on board for children up to two years. The car seat must be certified and labelled. Please note that in these situations you have to purchase a child ticket, despite the fact that the child is under two years – the reason being that the car seat is placed in/occupying a passenger seat in the aircraft.
SPECIAL SEAT BELTS(HARNESSES)
Widerøe allow the following to types of speial seat belts/harnesses for childeren:
- Cares – Airplane Safety Harness This special harness can be used by children between 10-20 kilos who are max 100cm tall.
- Crelling Harness This special harness exists in various sizes and can be used by both children and adults.
If you need/want a special harness, you have to bring this yourself. The guardian/parent are responsible for the usage of the harness and have to inform our crew regarding how the buckle/harness works. At arrival at the airport please get in touch with check in personell if you wish to use a special harness.
Widerøe do not allow the use of any special children seat on board.
WHEELCHAIR ASSISTANCE IS DIVIDED INTO THREE CATEGORIES:
The passenger can walk up/down stairs and into the plane. Assistance is required to/from the gate.
The passenger can walk to the seat itself. Assistance is needed until the airplane, and you have to be carried up / down stairs.
WCHC (CABIN SEAT):
The passenger is completely immobile. Assistance / carrying is required until the aircraft seat. To meet safety regulations, both for the passenger and our staff the size of the wheelchair must not exceed the width of 43 cm and the passenger can’t weigh more than 120 kilos. If the passengers weight is between 90 and 120 kilos, we need to be notified to ensure airport personnel is prepared.
If the passenger needs to bring oxygen, you need to provide detailed information when booking. Please note that liquid oxygen is strictly prohibited on board an aircraft.
If you are allergic to animals, please make a note of this when booking your flight. Enter information in the “Message to helpdesk” so that we can check if an animal is booked on your aircraft. If an animal is already booked, we give you the opportunity to book another flight. Your card will not be charged until your request has been confirmed. If you have informed about the allergy and we have confirmed your booking, animals will not be booked on your flight.
If you book online, use the “Message to helpdesk” to inform us of your requirements. If you have not informed us about other requirements when booking online or through other channels, please contact our customer service center at the airport.
Travel during pregnancy
If you are pregnant and your general condition is good, you can travel during pregnancy without restrictions up to 4 weeks before the baby is due. We advise you to check your insurance company’s rules as they may have other requirements.
2-4 WEEKS PRIOR TO DUE DATE
Travelling two to four weeks prior to due date a medical certificate from your doctor is required. The cerficate must include: The passenger’s name, reservation number, name and telephone number of the treating physician, physician’s signature, due date and how many weeks you are into the pregnancy. The flight can not exceed four hours.
LESS THAN 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO DUE DATE
With less than two weeks prior to due date pregnant passengers are not accepted.
The following exceptions apply:
- Within Nord-Troms/Finnmark: Pregnant passengers are accepted less than two weeks prior to due date. A medical certificate and a medically qualified companion is required.
- Between Leknes/Svolvær/Røst – Bodø: Pregnant passengers are accepted less than two weeks prior to due date provided medical certificate. A medically qualified companion is not required.
Widerøe and SAS offers assistance to children aged 5 through 17 years travelling alone. For your child’s safety, there is a limited number of seats for children traveling alone (UM) per flight. There is a fee per flight.
INFANTS – Under 2
CHILDREN – 2 through 11
UNACCOMPANIED CHILDREN (UM)
If the child travels with both SAS and Widerøe the fees will be added together. You can book tickets for children travelling alone with Widerøe and / or SAS on wideroe.no using your own credit card and contact information. Add a comment in the field for special requests that this is a booking for an unaccompanied minor (UM). Once we have confirmed a seat for your child, we will send you an email with the total cost including fees. We will also contact you if there are no UM seats available.
Most of Widerøe’s flights do not serve free meals, and that is why we recommend that the child brings with him/her some kind of food to eat during the flight.
NOTE! The adult accompanying the child to the airport must be at least 16 years old, and must be present until the aircraft has departed, for the child’s safety.
FORM FOR UNACCOMPANIED MINORS
Before travelling, the handling advice for unaccompanied minors need to be completed. After completion, print three copies, sign and bring to the airport. The form can also be found at the airport.
Enquire to bring your dog or cat in the cabin or cargo hold, and other animals in the cargo hold. Book online by adding a comment that you wish to bring your pet, as well as weight and dimensions for an approved travel crate, in the field “Message to helpdesk” at the end of the booking process. We will apply for space for your pet and confirm by e-mail if it is OK. Tickets will not be issued until space for the pet is approved. If you book the flight less than 72 hours before departure, we will try to help as best we can, but unfortunately we can’t guarantee that we can accommodate your needs on such short notice.
IMPORTANT WHEN TRAVELLING WITH PETS
When travelling with a pet you are responsible for the following:
- Where necessary health certificate, entry and transfer documentation should always accompany the animal.
- A certificate for transportation of the pet is required. This does not apply to transportation within Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
RULES AND REGULATIONS WHEN TRAVELLING WITH A PET IN CABIN
- The animal must be odorless.
- A suitable, leak-proof container is required.
- Only one animal per container is permitted.
- Maximum size is L 40 x W 25 x H 23 cm and the weight of the pet and container should not exceed 8 kilos in total.
- Widerøe recommends a Sherpa Bag, small model. This is a softbag approved for both cat and dog on Widerøe flights.
- Each passenger may carry one container in which the animal must be kept for the entire flight. The container should be placed under the seat in front and additional hand-luggage is not permitted.
- Passengers traveling with pets are not to be seated by the emergency exit.
- Only 1 pet in cabin is allowed per flight on Widerøe
RULES AND REGULATIONS WHEN SENDING A PET IN CARGO HOLD
- An appropriate case to ensure a safe and comfortable transportation is required.
- The case must be waterproof and an absorbent mat that is suitable for the pet, must lie at the bottom.
- Cases made of steel and wire mesh, – so-called Weld Mesh Containers are not permitted.
- The container must be of a size that allows the animal to stand normally with their head up, they need to be able to turn around in the container/case/crate as well as lie down comfortably.
- Two animals up to 14 kilos each, and of the same size, are allowed in the same container as long as they are used to being together.
- Up to 3 animals from the same litter are allowed in the same container. The animals can not be more than 6 months old.
- The largest crate allowed on our flights are X-large.
- Due to small cargo holds on Widerøes airplanes, only one crate (max dim. 102x69x76cm) is accepted per flight. On flights WF610-619 between Bergen and Bodø/Tromsø only one crate in size medium (or smaller) is allowed due to large amount of baggage on these flights.
The following animals (amongst others) are not permitted on Widerøe flights: Mink, pine marten, otter, beaver, hare and weasel
If in doubt, contact your nearest airport for more information. We recommend booking early, especially during hunting season. We sell crates at Sandefjord airport Torp. In addition, crates are available at request at all airports.
|Type||Measuremenths in cm (LxBxH)|
|Cabin hard top||40x25x20|
TRAVEL WITH SERVICE DOG
Service dog/animals can be transported in the cabin free of charge.
Service dogs/animals includes:
- Seeing eye dog, hearing aid dog
- Dog trained to assist physically impaired persons (with reduced mobility) in their daily life
- Sniffer dogs belonging to the police, military or customs, trained to find explosives, narcotics or acting as rescue dog
Sniffer dogs and identification:
Dog handler(trainer) travelling with dog “on duty” shall present a police/military/custom ID card during boarding including identification for the dog. Same rule apply when the Service dog is in training and travelling with its trainer.
NOTE! A restraint harness must be used to secure and restrain the dog during taxiing, take off, landing and during turbulence.
PETS TO/FROM UNITED KINGDOM
Seeing Eye dogs and Hearing Aid dogs are permitted in the cabin.
Widerøe offer unfortunately not to let you bring a pet TO United Kingdom.
UNACCOMPANIED PETS IN CARGO HOLD
If you would like to send a pet in cargo hold (unaccompanied) from the UK, please contact SAS Cargo.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT CENTER – Available 24/7
Do you need help with your online booking or have questions related to wideroe.no? We are available on chat, email, phone and sms.
Opening hours:Monday– Friday: around the clock.
Send us an email
Contact us directly for all enquiries related to wideroe.no. We usually respond within 10 minutes.
Opening hours:Monday– Friday: around the clock.
On the go?
Send SMS to + 47 417 16 836.
Start SMS with REF:XXXXXX (“XXXXXX” being your booking reference).
Opening hours:Monday– Friday: around the clock.
If you need assistance with your online booking or have questions related to wideroe.no we recommend our customers to contact us on chat or e-mail for the fastest support. Weekdays between 0900-1500. We are also available on + 47 75 80 35 68, we however recommend using chat or e-mail.