Transportation of passengers from among disabled persons and other persons with disabilities.
To determine the nature of the special services provided for each category of such passengers, the following SSR requests are established:
- Patients who may need to undergo a medical examination (MEDA).
- The passenger can climb, go down the ladder and move to his place in the salon and back (WCHR). A wheelchair is provided to move from / to the aircraft, i.e. Through the platform, landing galleries, teletrap, etc.
- The passenger can not go up and down the steps of the gangway, but can move independently from / to his seat in the cabin (WCHS). A wheelchair is provided to move from / to the aircraft or landing gallery, is carried up and down the steps of the gangway.
- The passenger can not move independently (WCHC). A wheelchair is provided to move from / to the aircraft or boarding gallery, it is taken up the steps of the gangway, delivered from / to the seat in the cabin, down.
- Passenger without hearing (DEAF).
- Passenger deprived of vision (BLND). Information should be provided, whether it is accompanied by a guide dog.
- Passengers on stretchers (STCR).
Table shows the permitted maximum number of passengers on board the aircraft:
- Unaccompanied child;
- pregnant woman;
- Passengers deported, not admitted to the territory of the country or in custody;
- Passengers from among disabled people and other persons with disabilities.
|No.||Individual categories of passengers
|Status (Codes)||Permitted maximum quantity on board the aircraft while unaccompanied
(Maximum number without escort officers)
|Permitted maximum quantity on board the aircraft while escorted
(Maximum number of escort officers, specific seat allocation)
|Boeing 737-800||Boeing 737-300||ATR 42-500||Boeing 737-800||Boeing 737-300||ATR 42-500|
|1||Unaccompanied child *||UNN||7 – direct flight||3||Without limit by number **|
|3 – interim boarding flight|
|5 – own flight of AK with intermediate landing|
|2||Pregnant woman (Pregnant)||Without limit by number **||Without limit by number **|
|3||Passengers with stretchers (Stretchers)||STCR||not applicable||1||not applicable|
|4||A passenger who is not admitted to the territory of the country (Inadmissible passengers)||DEPO
|Without limit by number **||Without limit by number **|
|6th||Passenger in custody
(Passengers in custody)
|Passengers from among disabled persons and other persons with disabilities
Passengers with disabilities and other persons with disabilities (PRM)
|7th||Passenger with limited mobility *||WCHR
|4 **||4 **||1 **||Without limit by number **|
|8||Disabled passenger with no hearing *||DEAF|
|9||Passenger from the disabled, deprived of sight *||BLND|
|* If passengers of categories UNN and WCHR, WCHS, WCHC, DEAF, BLND are unavailable on board the aircraft, the maximum number of passengers of one category decreases in proportion to the number of the other category.
** In addition to the series:
When concluding an air carriage contract for a passenger, the passenger from among disabled persons and other persons with disabilities must inform the Carrier or the agent of the carrier, who carries out the booking, sale and registration of the transportation documents, of the restrictions on the life of such passenger in order to provide him with the appropriate conditions for air transportation. The passenger is obliged to independently determine the possibility of using air transport based on his state of health.
9.2.3. Transportation of a passenger recognized by the court as legally incompetent is carried out at the request of parents, adoptive parents or guardians and accompanied by an adult passenger who is able to ensure the safety of the disabled passenger and the safety of the surrounding people.
9.2.4. Boarding of passengers from the disabled and other persons with disabilities and accompanying persons is carried out before the passengers are boarded. The commander of the Armed Forces and the SBC should be informed of the presence of passengers of this category on board the aircraft. And they are also informed about the persons accompanying them, and the special measures taken to organize their transportation.
9.2.5. The disembarkation of passengers from the disabled and other persons with disabilities, and accompanying persons is carried out in the last place.
9.2.6. The carrier shall not be liable for the deterioration of the health of the passenger or other consequences arising during the transportation or after it caused by the age, mental or physical condition of the passenger.
9.2.7. A passenger whose physical condition causes the Carrier’s fear for his health is allowed to air transportation upon presentation of the certificate of the medical institution that he does not contravene the carriage by air transport, and in necessary cases, that his illness is not dangerous to others.
9.2.8. The airline can unilaterally terminate the contract for the carriage of passengers by air, the contract for the carriage of goods by air if the passenger’s health condition requires special conditions of air transportation or threatens the safety of the passenger or other persons, as evidenced by medical documents, as well as creates confusion and unavoidable inconvenience to others Persons.
9.2.9. A disabled passenger in a wheelchair can be transported without an accompanying passenger.
9.2.10. The Carrier or its authorized agent has the right to require the passenger to fill in the “Declaration on the release of the Airline from liability” (Appendix 5).
9.2.11. Transportation of passengers on stretchers and other passengers with limited mobility is allowed only in the economy class cabin. By prior agreement with the Carrier, subject to the safety rules on board the aircraft during the flight:
- Patient and stretcher can be easily fixed by seat belts in all cases when the light bulb “button belts” is on;
- Accommodation of passengers should not prevent free access to emergency (emergency) exits, as well as impede the evacuation of passengers in emergency situations;
- The place should be convenient for arranging the passenger’s landing / disembarkation (evacuation), placement and servicing of the passenger on board the aircraft;
- Accompanying persons of a place are given near to sick passengers (invalids). Provision of places may also depend on the prescriptions of medical services.
Principles of the provision of seats:
- Passengers should be placed in such a way that they do not interfere with the need for rapid evacuation from the aircraft;
- Crutches, folding wheelchair, having dimensions that allow to safely place them in the cabin of the aircraft on the shelf above the passenger seat or under the seat in front of the standing passenger seat;
- Passengers with stiff legs, with broken legs in plaster, paralyzed, etc. Should be placed in armchairs providing as much space as possible for their comfort, or maximum space for leg-supporting devices, so as to cause a minimum of inconvenience to passengers sitting in adjacent seats. Limbs in plaster casts should in no case interfere with free movement along the aisle and access to emergency exits;
- Passengers in whom one side of the body is struck (semi-paralyzed, with artificial limbs, an arm or leg in a plaster, a tire or with a prop, etc.) should be placed in such a way that the undamaged side is facing the passageway, which if necessary Will help their mobility.
9.2.12. Transportation of passengers on stretchers is made with the provision of their place (s) in an aircraft with payment established by the Carrier. Payment for one seat for a stretcher patient is set at 50% of the normal tariff for the economy class, all subsequent – 100%. Discounts for persons accompanying a stretcher patient are not provided.
9.2.13. For passengers with limited mobility, medical preparations, a folding chair (stroller), transported in the cabin, crutches are carried free of charge and are not included in the rate of free baggage. The electric car is transported to the aircraft as a normal checked baggage.
9.2.14. The carrier gives information to the destination or to the point of transfer, stopping that there is a Passenger with a wheelchair on board. This information indicates the name of the Passenger, the location of the wheelchair and the separately located electric batteries.
9.2.15. It is forbidden to transport passengers with disabilities, whose physical or mental condition does not allow them to move quickly (in case of need) in the emergency exit line and the accommodation of emergency rescue equipment.
In order to ensure flight safety, patients on stretchers are not accepted for carriage on flights performed on aircraft of the ATR 42-500 type.
9.2.16. Instruction on procedures for emergency situations and locations of emergency exits on board the aircraft of passengers from among disabled persons and other persons with disabilities on board the aircraft and their escorts is carried out individually before take-off. The responsibility for this special instruction lies with the cabin attendants.
9.3. Transportation of passengers deprived of sight or hearing.
9.3.1. Transportation of a passenger who is deprived of sight accompanied by a guide dog can be performed upon presenting to the Carrier or his authorized agent a document confirming the disability of that passenger and a document confirming the special training of the guide dog.
9.3.2. A disabled passenger, deprived of hearing or sight, can be transported without an accompanying passenger.
9.3.3. A disabled passenger, deprived of hearing and sight at the same time, is transported accompanied by a passenger assisting him in flight.
Section 9.3.4. A disabled passenger, deprived of sight, can be transported accompanied by a guide dog.
9.3.5. When transporting a passenger from a disabled person who is deprived of sight accompanied by a guide dog, the dog is transported in an airplane free of charge in an economy class passenger cabin in excess of the established free baggage allowance. The dog must have a collar and a muzzle and be tied to a chair at the feet of the passenger she accompanies.
9.3.6. When transporting a passenger from visually impaired passengers, accompanied by a guide dog, the authorized agent of the Carrier, when booking this passenger seat on board an aircraft or when issuing a passenger ticket, must inform the Carrier about the transportation of such a passenger in order to assist him Registration at the airport of departure and its delivery to the aircraft and from the aircraft at the airport of destination. The number of conductive dogs carried on an aircraft is determined depending on the number of disabled people on board the aircraft and other persons with disabilities in accordance with the rules of the carrier.
9.3.7. Passengers with a lack of vision, accompanied by a guide dog, are assigned places near which there is enough space to accommodate the dog, not far from the emergency exit, but so as not to interfere with free access to it.
9.3.8. It is forbidden to transport passengers whose eyesight and / or hearing have been reduced to such an extent that they will not allow them to immediately understand the command to evacuate, in the emergency exit line and the accommodation of emergency equipment.
9.3.9. Instruction on procedures for emergency situations and locations of emergency exits on board the aircraft for passengers with visual impairment (hearing) and their accompanying persons is carried out individually before take-off in oral form. The responsibility for this special instruction lies with the cabin attendants.
9.4. Transportation of pregnant women.
9.4.1. Pregnant women can be accepted for carriage with a gestation period of no more than 35 weeks (twins – 32 weeks) on the day of air transportation when providing medical advice from the medical institution on the absence of contraindications to air transportation as of the date of the flight indicated in the air ticket not earlier than 7 days before the start of the trip.
9.4.2. If there is no certificate from the medical institution, women whose gestation period does not exceed 35 weeks (twins – 32 weeks) or there are doubts concerning the course of pregnancy or the time of its termination, it is allowed to accept for transportation only with the consent of the carrier, with the mandatory registration of the “Declaration on Release of the Airline from liability “( Appendix 5 ). In the case of visual identification of pregnancy, a representative of the Carrier invites a woman to undergo a medical examination at the airport medical station. Transportation by air transport is not recommended:
- Women during the last 7 days before delivery and within the first 7 days after delivery;
- Newborn children during the first 7 days after birth.
9.4.3. It is forbidden to transport pregnant women, whose physical or mental state does not allow them to move quickly (in case of need) in the emergency exit line and to places of emergency equipment. Additional recommendations for the placement of pregnant women in the aircraft cabin are provided in the annexes to this Regulation.